Sales & Refunds
In consideration of the services of The Forgotten Circus School, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as ‘Forgotten Circus School Ltd’), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Forgotten Circus School Ltd, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
I acknowledge that my participation in circus arts, aerial arts, aerial silks, flexibility, strengthening, fortitude training, aerial yoga, yoga, pilates, floor based or airborne acrobatic training, jumping, trampoline activities, handstands, hand balance, contortion and all prop-based/flow art skill manipulations (ie. staff/poi/diablo/hula hoop and similar) instruction activities and aerial disciplines (including but not limited to; Trapeze, Lyra/Aerial Hoop, Corde Lisse/Aerial Rope, Cloud Swing, Straps, Aerial Hammock, Silks), entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardising the essential qualities of the activity.
Fire and pyro activities will be assessed and a separate waiver will be produced on acceptance of a place on any given fire or pyro course.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling from equipment; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; strains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back; injuries to internal organs; the negligence of other people; the user's own physical condition; and the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity.
In any event, if you or your child is injured, any medical assistance will be at your own expense.
Furthermore, Forgotten Circus School employees have difficult jobs to perform.
They seek safety, but they are not infallible.
They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities.
They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions.
They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
By purchasing any of our Forgotten Circus School’s classes, courses or workshops, you immediately agree to the following terms:
1. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
2. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless Forgotten Circus School from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of Forgotten Circus School's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Forgotten Circus School.
3. Should Forgotten Circus School or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
4. I certify that I have adequate personal liability insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating in this activity (please see www.equity.co.uk if you would like to take out individual insurance).
Otherwise, I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have. As a training centre, Forgotten Circus School Ltd holds insurance with Equity, Showtime and Hiscox. Meanwhile, all teachers are insured for Public Liability. However, this does not hold the school accountable or liable for any acts of negligence, indecent behavior or non compliance from clients in association with the teachers and against compliance of the school rules and waiver.
5. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
6. By accepting the terms of this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Forgotten Circus School Ltd on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understood it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.
By purchasing any of our courses via the Punchpass website, you confirm that you have read and accepted our terms and conditions.
Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds.
All sales and places on courses are final.
However, students are free to transfer their place on a course, class or workshop to another student who has a Punchpass account with Forgotten Circus School. Please let us know prior to attendance of any changes, with regards to who is attending, and ensure that they have also read the terms and conditions before attending the class.
The replacement student must be of the relevant experience level to the class to be taken. If there is any doubt of the replacements capabilities within this class then please feel free to message us to discuss suitability. This will also be the discretion of the teacher in that discipline.
For drop in classes, students may transfer bookings to an alternative date at any time up to 72 hours prior to the class start date by contacting email@example.com. Any request for date changes after the stated period will not be possible.
For 4 week courses, 10 days’ notice is required to transfer any bookings. The course can be swapped for one of our other courses running within the same course block as the original course purchased (subject to availability). Alternatively the course purchased can be transferred to the following 4 week course block (subject to availability). Refunds will not be given.
If you cannot attend a session within an already purchased course, it is not possible to attend another class instead. Any classes not attended will not be refunded.
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any queries regarding the above.
Cancellations are only permitted in exceptional circumstances, however bookings are transferable between persons.
Forgotten Circus School will not accept cancellation on any course unless due to an official medical complaint. To meet the criteria of a medical cancellation, proof in the form of a doctor’s note (confirming that the student is not permitted to participate) must be provided.
All sales and places on courses are final upon payment and no cash refunds will be given. See above for our refund policy regarding class and course transfers.
If Forgotten CIrcus School needs to cancel a class, then any purchased credits will be redeemable on any alternative class of the same price and with availability. The expiration on this class credit will be extended to ensure that the class is usable.
All decisions regarding the running or cancellation of any classes or courses are at the absolute discretion of the Forgotten Circus School, whose decision shall be final.